Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Counting Down to Orientation

Wow!  It's been a while since I've posted.  Sorry about that. I've been busy!

Found an awesome apartment with an awesome roommate.  I'm getting my keys in two weeks and moving in three!  Very exciting.  I've picked out a bunch of stuff from Bed, Bath, and Beyond to stock my apartment.  Still working on furniture--it's very difficult when you can't order furniture in one state and get it delivered in another (without outrageous delivery charges, I mean).

In terms of vet school stuff, everything is happening very quickly now!  I am registered for classes (20 credits!) and just ordered my textbooks yesterday.  We got our daily schedule, which basically consists of classes 8-3 on most days, with an hour break for lunch.  Being the Type A that I am, I made a color-coded schedule on excel to track my life by for the next 17 weeks.  Here's a snapshot of week 2:

You can see the classes I'm taking on the bottom.

I received an orientation schedule today as well!

This whole thing is so surreal.  I can't believe this time last year I was applying, and now I am three weeks away from starting the rest of my life.  I hope you'll join me on this journey.  it's a huge opportunity but also a huge responsibility.  I hope I'm up for the task.

Signing out,
DVM2016

1 comment:

  1. The fact that neither you nor I have blogged since probably before school started should tell DVM hopefuls something about the rigors of first year ;)

    ReplyDelete